Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ireland Bans Genetically Modified Crops


In the country of Ireland, genetically modified crops has been banned. It is a bold step, and I know they are erring on the side of caution, but I think they should be applauded, and I wish Canada would follow. Although some people claim the GM food is safe for humans, I just don't buy into it. Prince Charles, has said that it is the "Biggest Environmental Disaster of All Time".


A voluntary GM-Free label can now be placed on all animal products, such as eggs, fish, poultry, meat and dairy products, that are raised GM-free. Ireland joins Japan and Egypt as one of a few but growing number of GM-Free countries. Ireland is positioning itself, to deliver the safest, and most credible GM-free food in Europe, and also the world, which is a really smart move. I can see North America knocking on Irelands door, asking for GM-FREE produce in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment